DUBLIN, Apr. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Botulinum Toxin Market Analysis By Type (Botulinum Toxin Type A, Botulinum Toxin Type B), By End Use (Therapeutic, Aesthetic), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2013 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global botulinum toxin (BNT) market is expected to reach a value of USD 7.3 billion by 2025
The constant introduction of innovative products for enhancement of aesthetic appeal supporting minimally invasive aesthetic treatments is the prime factor driving the growth of the market.
In addition, rapid growth of the sector is attributed to the rising demand for minimally invasive or non-invasive procedures. These procedures provide advantages such as small incision, shorter hospital stay and rapid wound healing, and hence lead to larger acceptance and demand. In addition, availability of wide variety of minimally invasive or non-invasive treatment options is pushing the global botulinum toxin market towards growth.
Also, the successful completion of research projects is expected to expand the applications of presently approved products. Companies are trying to widen the application of botulinum toxin in therapeutic area through various research activities. For instance, Botox by Allergan received the U.S. FDA approval for the treatment of strabismus (crossed eyes) and blepharospasm associated with dystonia in 1989. Furthermore, in 2004, Botox was approved by the U.S. FDA for hyperidrosis, cervical dystonia, upper limb spasticity, chronic migraine and urinary incontinence in 2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively. Hence, these factors all together will aid in boosting the growth of BNT sales during the forecast period.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- The rapid adoption of minimally invasive treatment is augmenting the growth of neurotoxins market.
- The botulinum toxin type A segment accounted for the largest share in 2015 and is also anticipated to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period
- In 2015, North America dominated the global space with the largest revenue share owing to high demand for minimally invasive or non-invasive aesthetic treatments
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period, mainly due to growing social awareness regarding anti-wrinkle procedures in India, China, and Japan
- Major players competing in this market include but are not limited to Allergan, Inc.; Ipsen Group; Merz GmbH and Co. KGaA, Medytox,Inc.; US Worldmed, LLC; Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products. Co.Ltd. and Revance Therapeutics, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Botulinum Toxin Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.2.1 Growing population aging between 25 to 65 years of age
3.2.2 Rising demand for minimally invasive treatment
3.2.3 Expanding therapeutic use of botulinum toxin
3.3 Market Restraints Analysis
3.3.1 Risk of side effects
3.3.2 Limited reimbursement coverage
3.3.3 Misuse as bioterrorism
3.4 Penetration & growth prospect mapping
3.5 Botulinum Toxin - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
3.6 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4 Botulinum Toxin Market: Product Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Botulinum Toxin Market: Product Type movement analysis
4.2 Botulinum Toxin Type A
4.7 Botulinum Toxin Type B
5 Botulinum Toxin Market: End Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Botulinum Toxin Market: End use movement analysis
5.2 Therapeutic Use
5.3 Aesthetic Use
6 Botulinum Toxin Market: Regional Estimates &Trend Analysis, by Product Type & End Use
7 Competitive Landscape
- Ipsen group
- Allergan Inc.
- Medytox Inc.
- Merz GmbH and Co. KGaA
- US Worldmed, LLC
- Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd.
- Revance Therapeutics, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c65glt/botulinum-toxin
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716